Friday, November 21, 2008

Just a thought . . .

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be, WE'RE ALL OK.
And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these
I won't be made useless
I won't be idle with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
For LIGHT DOES THE DARKNESS MOST FEAR.

Poverty stole your golden shoes
IT DIDN'T STEAL YOUR LAUGHTER
And heartache came to visit me
But I knew it wasn't ever after.
We'll fight, NOT OUT OF SPITE
For someone must stand for what's right
'Cause where there's a man who has no voice
There ours shall go, singing

My hands are small, I know
But they're not yours, THEY ARE MY OWN
I am never broken
In the end, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS

We are never broken.
We are God's eyes
We are God's hands
We are God's heart

ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS, IN THE END.

-Jewel

This is the song I have been hearing in my head ALOT lately. Mostly after I watch the news. I really think everything will be okay, as long as we don't forget our neighbors. Our fellowmen. "We are God's hands" Now, go to.

5 comments:

Dawna said...

Amy, you are a lovely person.

Emily said...

Good song, great message. Hey, when did your hair go dark?

The Winwards said...

Love you Amy, I've never known anything but kindness from you. I've often wondered where would I be if Amy hadn't stepped out of the box and done that kind deed for me that made us friends. You are the best and you change the world everyday.

Tanya said...

I MISS YOU! And your kindness. I owe a lot to you and your family.

Nicole said...

Can I just say...AMEN!! I get so tired of the negativity and then the fear that stems from that. I love this....here,here sista!! :)