Saturday, February 14, 2009

I wish. . .

Anna turned 5 on Thursday. To celebrate, we went to Fat Cats for bowling and pizza. We had not opened presents yet, so Anna was excited to go home - a first. Ususally it takes MAJOR negotiations to leave anywhere fun without causing a scene! She hadn't really talked about what she "wanted" for her birthday, other than a magnifying glass (which Joey got for her.) So T.R. and I were planning to give her a big girl bike, hoping that would be exciting enough! Well, on the way home, OUT OF NOWHERE, Anna said, "I wish I had a big bike so I could ride it all over the world!" What?! Well, my little mind began planning . . . I told her that when we got home she could open her presents and then blow out a candle on her piece of cake that we had saved from Sunday. (T.R.'s family had been over for dinner and we did the cake and ice cream then.) I then proceeded to tell her that maybe if she closed her eyes VERY tightly and wished VERY hard for a bike, maybe her birthday wish would come true!
So, she did. And when she opened her eyes . . . guess what was there? She is now convinced that she made it happen! I've decided to let her believe - -



The hat she's wearing was given to her at school the previous day. She wore it her ENTIRE birthday, including when we went bowling! Because she was wearing the hat, the cute girls at the prize counter knew it was her special day and gave her a stuffed panda bear! Does life get any better than a new stuffed animal when you're little?!

7 comments:

Tanya said...

YAY, Happy Birthday to Anna! I can't believe she is already 5! Sounds like she had a fantabulous birthday..what a great mom to let her day be soooo special! Make sure to let her know that Breyna misses her and we will be coming to visit this summer.

The Winwards said...

Happy Birthday Anna, and way to go mom! It always feels great when you got it right. I'm so glad Anna can believe in a little magic for a bit. I miss those days.

Brad and Jamie said...

Hi Amy! I was so excited to see other fellow bloggers that I know! I caught the blogging "bug" about Christmas - it really is so much fun. I LOVED reading your blog - you're so much fun! And your family is sooooo cute. Your little Anna is just a beautiful mini of you. What a cutie! I'll be checking up on your fam too - I too like to blog stalk :)

April said...

I still can't get over how much of a Mini Amy she is! Put her in a red dress and pig tails and she could be you 25 years ago!
Thanks for being the one person that comments on my blog..makes me feel like I am at least writing it for one other person besides myself!

Greg and Torrey said...

cute, cute little girl. i can't believe she's 5. holy cow! i love that she got a bike and i hope she can ride it "all over the world". don't you love surprises? i do for little kids, but kinda hate them for me. anyway, way to go, mom! and i agree with your friend, she is SO a mini-amy. for shizzle. can't wait to see you next week, my friend!

Being An Allred said...

Wow has it has been that long. She is so big. She is so big and cute. Miss ya guys.

love The Allreds

Nicole said...

She is so adorable and what a magical day for her! She will never forget that she wished her bike into reality. I can't believe what a little clone she is of you! So cute!