Thursday, March 12, 2009

Surprise?

We promised Tommy when he was 3 that we'd take hime to Disneyland when he turned 5. OOPS. Well, he turned 10 last Wednesday! We decided to bite the bullet, and JUST DO IT, and surprise him with the trip! FINALLY! The last present he opened was a box with this message written in it. . . "Pack your bags, we're finally going to Disneyland! Tomorrow! REALLY!" We hadn't said a thing about it, it was to be a complete surprise, and we really were leaving the very next morning! His reaction? He teared up and was a completely underwhelmed by the news because he was going to have to miss school. wow. Did not expect that! Now, I can look at this two ways:

1. Hurray! My kid loves school more than Disneyland!
2. How sad! My kid loves school more than Disneyland!

Judging his enjoyment of the trip (pictures coming soon) I can only assume that his reaction was based on the fact that he had no idea what Disneyland/California has to offer. But still. What have we done?!

3 comments:

Brad and Jamie said...

What fun!!!! That's hilarious about your son's reaction - missing school :( My Meagan had the same reaction when I told her we were going to SLC for a few days. I guess we have to be grateful that our kids love school so much, but c'mon guys - its a vacation! lol Have lots of fun and bring back some sunshine!!
Jamie

Jean said...

That is awesome!!

Also, we need to hear all about your trip sometime. Next time, can we all go together? :)

Tanya said...

That is hilarious! I think that is just about where Alex is, "I have to miss school! NO!" type of thing. Now Breyna would be all for it and then some... Hope you all had lots of fun!!!