Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Last First.. .. ..

From here.. .. ..







Sara Alice
March 28, 2008
9 lbs. 3 oz.
21 inches










to here...in one SHORT year.




Sara Alice
March 28, 2009
23 lbs. 4 oz.
32 inches









I've watched my last "first steps" (6 weeks ago) heard my last "first word" ('Anna' - she LOVES her big sister!) and made my last "first birthday" cake. But I guarantee I haven't given my last hug! I LOVE you, my last baby girl!





Sara LOVES Abby Caddabby from Sesame Street. She gets SO excited everytime she sees her, so naturally that was who her cake had to look like! Well, that backfired a little because all she wanted to do was gently 'pat' Abby, not EAT her! I had to force feed her some frosting to get her to realize that she could eat this Abby! But, not being one who likes to get her hands dirty, she still wouldn't go for the dig-in-approach! So, we ended up using a fork! But, as you can see by the last picture, she eventualy enjoyed her Abby cake and ended up with frosting everywhere! Happy Birthday, Sara!

5 comments:

The Winwards said...

Happy Birthday Sara Alice, you sure are a cutie. Well done on the cake Amy, you rock.

Jean said...

She looks so cute!! Her hair like that....wow. Happy birthday a couple days ago, Sara!
(We should have called or something...worst aunt/uncle ever.)

Brad and Jamie said...

Nice job on the cake! It looks awesome! That is too cute that she wouldn't eat it, but kept patting it, like it was her own special friend. Your little Sara is such a cutie too - once again, Nice job!

stressedkris said...

Great job on the cake. You are amazing at this. Happy Birthday Sara

Reba said...

She is so cute! Will you make my birthday cake??