Monday, November 1, 2010

Hal o een . . .

Mr. Monopoly, Zombie Scout,
S'more!
(the s'more costume was inspiration born out of desperation! She wanted to be a mummy, but I was having NIGHTMARES trying to figure out how to keep her wrapped while at school, pack meeting, and through all the other activities, including putting the costume on and taking it off! She was reading a book where the little girl dressed up as a bunch of grapes - and DING! For some reason THAT turned the light on in my head!)
Spooky Spider ... or as she calls herself "pooky pider"!!
And, as I call her - "sweats on clearance at Target = you're a green spider"!
I've saved all her past pink chuck's, but when I put them on her extra legs, they were
so heavy! They made her look silly, so we had to improvise and make some faux foam chucks
for her four new legs!

Most of the cousins at the annual Cousin Halloween Party!

The best part of this Halloween was that I convinced the kiddos (in my happiest "this is a GREAT idea" mom/primary voice) that it would be SO fun to, instead of trick-or-treating,
go to the store and pick out one or two bags of their FAVORITE candy!
Then we wouldn't have to worry about all the crap candy that some people give out ;)
(i.e. the people that hand out left over candy from all the campaigning they did at parades this summer . . . oops. THAT WAS US!! Next year we'll return to having awesome candy!)
So, we hit up our two cute neighbors, my aunt and uncle's house, and my grandma's house.
Then, HARMONS! Where we were the only customers and had the ENTIRE
Halloween aisle to ourselves! Long Live Fun Size Candy Bars!! (And pixie sticks - Anna's choice!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids!

The grocery trip sounds like a brilliant idea! Maybe I will give it a try next year!