Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Goodbye, for now . . .

To the man who taught me to roller skate at Classic Skating
Who let me come to his auto parts store and help "organize" the shelves
Who ate a piece of cheese RIGHT AFTER disposing of a dead mouse - convincing my 7ish year old mind that some of the dead mouse qualities had transferred directly to him ;)
Who NEVER missed a political discussion OR an election - he had even filled out his absentee ballot, thus casting his vote on the very day he passed away!
Love you, Grandpa! See you on the other side!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm sorry Amy, (((((HUGS))))). I pray that you will have his spirit with you to keep away the sadness.

Brad and Jamie said...

Amy, I'm so so sorry. It's so hard to lose a loved one. Sounds like you and your Grandpa made some really fun memories together. Although, I'm not sure the mouse incident would be one that I'd have liked to have! :)

Kevin and Joy Welch said...

You are so blessed to have had a Grandpa like that! Sorry for your loss.