Friday, September 19, 2008

Peaches and Pirates . . .

I'm kinda "well pleased" with myself right now! (oh, who am I kidding? I'm PROUD of myself. I know it's evil, but dang it, I'm full of PRIDE!) Move over Betty Crocker and Molly Mormon - there's a new Peach Queen in town! (coincidentally, for those of you who know that there actually IS a Peach Queen or 'Miss Brigham City', the new one is T.R.'s cousin!)

I canned 9 quarts and 12 pints (could've done more, but I didn't want to go back to the store to get more bottles!) made 3 pies, and a month's supply of 'puree' or as we call it here 'baby food'! Not bad for free - - thanks Grandma! And . . .



Every year some friends of ours celebrate September 19th, International Talk Like a Pirate Day (yes, that's a real thing!) by having a Pirate Party! So, here we argh!
Sara looks a little boy pirate - ish, but still super cute! T.argh even rented his costume this year - complete with boot covers! And, what you can't see is what you should appreciate most . . . . I have fishnet stockings on! Yikes! But I was trying my hardest to be authentic, and I figured that most sea worthy wenches would be wearing fishnets! How else are ya gonna catch enough dinner to feed those swarthy mates?!

5 comments:

Greg and Torrey said...

that is so funny... glad you are hangin' with peeps that celebrate our forefathers, the pirates. hmmm... also, as far as fishnets go, i'm quite the fan. i seriously wear them to church... and trust me they're sexy and they do attract some interesting "catches".

Amy Dobson said...

Well shiver me timbers Thar be a swashbuckling lot ye got thar. What a mighty fine wench ye look to be. Ay and the wee one be a cute lass. Your youngins look to be fine scallywags as well. You and your Buccanneer must be right proud. It looks like ye had a fine time.

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

I made pies and froze my peaches. I don't like canned so much. That is great you got yours for free - I received mine free too - compliments of my Aunt MonaRee and my parent's picking. Can't beat that. I am always proud after I can - so pretty!

Omigosh; that is hilarious. You guys look fabulous!

Reeder Family said...

Hey! You can stalk my blog anytime - You don't scare me!!! Your family is darling and I love the pirate costumes!!

Suzanne

April said...

Amy,
I love finding people too, and reading about everyone. I love seeing all their cute little children's faces!
I love it here in Arizona!! I moved down in February when I decided to leave my job, and sell my home, so I figured why not! Where is the next adventure?!?! Keep in touch! Your family is beautiful!