Saturday, October 4, 2008

Move over Sarah Palin . . .


Well, I've done it. Somewhere in my 2-hours-of-sleep-daze (see post below) I've figured out the answer to the current economic crisis.
It's simple really. We just need our Senators and Congressmen to sell cookie dough, candy bars, and wrapping paper in a good old Washington style fund raiser! The proceeds go to the sinking lenders and crumbling Wall Street! Think of it! And the jobs that will be created . . . astounding! We'll need people to produce the product, PLUS we'll need people to deliver it! Economy boomed just like that!
Well, that settles it, I be a jeanieous!
P.S. Have I mentioned how much I hate fund raisers?
P.P.S. Party at my house at the end of the month - you see, I have $40 worth of cookie dough coming on the 26th! (sing with me now - - "I'm just a girl who can't say no" and my own kids weren't even the ones selling!)
P.P.S.S. "Wow, look kids! Santa left cookies for YOU this year!"
PPPPSSSS. This is NOT an endorsement for Sarah Palin. I mean c'mon. If I can figure it out, how come the "Hockey Mom Maverick" can't ;)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh you make me laugh! You need to write books-but for now I'm just glad that I can peek in on your blog and laugh myself silly! I hope it gets better with your kids and maybe McCain should have googled you!....you are much more of a Maverick then they will ever be! Thanks for the laughs!

April said...

Oh I hate fundraisers! I remember going door to door when I was little selling icky candy bars for a buck..and for what? So I could win blow up furniture or get the Grand Prize....dun dun dun..the Walkman or "Boom Box!!!!" Oh those were the days! Hope your little girl is doing better. At least she didn't have strep like I did a few weeks ago! I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I remember selling magazines and seriously feeling terrified standing at people's doors. Good thing they don't let kids go door-to-door anymore! I too, detest fundraisers.

Tell me, am I a bad mom? This year I told my kids there would be no plush monkey keychain (no, make that THREE plush monkey key chains) for selling something....I was giving my money straight to the PTA! They should push this option harder. I don't need cheap chocolates at $14 a pound, I just want to do my part!

Still, I'll bring the milk when you have your cookie party!